Documents / Using WebDAV to create a document
Use WebDAV to save a document directly into infoRouter.
- Launch your favorite WebDAV compatible client tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Create your document and click on the "Save" button or menu item.
- When you are prompted for a folder path, select the Web Folder (Network Place) and navigate further into the infoRouter folder in which you wish to save your document.
- Click on "Ok" to save your document into infoRouter.
Click here to read more about Setting up WebDAV Folders
- Launch file explorer and navigate to the infoRouter web folder.
- Double-click on this folder.
- You will be prompted to "Log in"
- Login to infoRouter WebDAV by entering your infoRouter id and password.
- Now that you are logged in, you will be presented with a list of library folders you can access.
- Simply drag-and-drop the documents from your desktop into this folder.
- The document(s) will be uploaded directly into infoRouter
In order to be able to create documents, you must have at least "ADD" rights in the folder in which the document is to be created.
An important thing to remember is that the new document (by default) will inherit the security permissions from the folder in which it is created. So if you would like to change or assign a different security, you must go to the "Security" screen in the "Properties" window.
More on this topic in Document Security