Users and User Management / Adding Users
To create a user account in infoRouter, you must be one of the following:
- System Administrator (sysadmin)
- Library Manager
- Member of the User Managers or the "Administrator" system user group
Please note that Library managers may only create local users.
- Click on the "Control Panel" tab
- Click on the "Manage Users" link in the infoRouter Control Panel
- This will display a window with the existing users
- Click on the "New" link in the menu bar.
- The "New User" pop-up will display.
Enter the following information:
- User Name
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail Address (infoRouter uses this information to send e-mail notifications)
- User status (Enabled by default)
- Confirm Password
- Depending on your application settings you may have to choose between LDAP authentication (NTLM) and infoRouter authentication (see User Authentication).
- Click "Ok".
- The "User properties" page will appear.
- Click on "Global Group Memberships" link.
- Click on the "Add" button to add the user to a "Global User Group".
- Select the "Global User Groups" you wish to add the user and click on "Ok".
- Now click on the Library membership link to make the new user a member of at least one Library.