Documents / Shortcuts
Shortcuts are bookmarks to documents that actually reside in different folders. Shortcuts can be created in any folder and point to any document in infoRouter.
The most common use for shortcuts is to provide access to documents to users who don't have access to the original location of the document.
- User A is the owner of a folder called "Secret documents"
- User A has given only a select group of users access to this folder.
- User B wishes to access a document in that folder called "NotSoSecret.doc"
- User A wants to give access to user B for this document but does not want User B to see the other documents in the folder.
- User A creates a shortcut to "NotSoSecret.doc" in a folder that User B has access.
- User A gives User B the appropriate permissions to the "NotSoSecret.doc" in its original folder.
- Because shortcuts do not have their own security, the security check is performed on the original document. This way, User B gains access to the "NotSoSecret.doc" document without having to navigate to its folder.
- Navigate to the folder in which you wish to create a shortcut.
- Click on the "Shortcut" menu item in the "New" menu.
- In the "New Shortcut" window, click on the "Browse" button to choose the document.
- The document you choose will be placed in this folder as a shortcut.